The last four months has been a teacher and the feedback I've received on the shop has been encouraging... enough to keep moving forward.
Below I'll talk about the pros and cons of the shop.
- Excellent digital branding - I'm now ranked highly on Google search queries as a credible business
- Higher priced items - The shop provides the credibility to ask for higher prices and get them
- Connections - I am now meeting influential people and brand partners I wouldn't have otherwise met running a home business
- Product expansion - I've expanded from accessories to shoes, clothing, luggage and small gift items to reach a broader audience and consumer-base
- Pride of shop ownership - Being able to tell people that I own a men's shop at one of the most prestigious retail plazas in Las Vegas has been and will continue to be a source of pride forever
- It's hard work - Operating a shop isn't easy, but it can be rewarding if you stay focused and take a more conservative approach to money
- Overhead - Rent, rent, rent
- Maintenance - The upkeep is expensive and requires a lot of attention
- Part Time Employment - I've had to take a part-time job to support myself and the shop at its infant stage until the shop is strong enough to support itself
To sum it up, in my case, the pros clearly outweighs the cons but it no walk in the park. It's all about defining your goals and objectives clearly, and working hard to accomplish them.
Hopefully, this bit of information is helpful to those considering the same path.